Foreign Citizens (WNA ) who have not received a visa can apply for a Visa on Arrival (VoA) upon arrival in Indonesia. Article 23 of the Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation No. 29 of 2021 concerning Visas and Stay Permits (MoLHR Regulation 29/2021) further stipulates that the issuance of the VoA can be carried out based on the application submitted by WNA from any country subject to VoA and is carried out at the Immigration Checkpoints (TPI) that have been determined by the Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
A. Procedure for Visa on Arrival (VoA) Applications
The VoA application can be submitted online before the WNA’s departure to Indonesia or shortly after the WNA arrives at the TPI. When submitting the application, the WNA are required to attach documents, as follows:
- A valid nationality passport valid for at least 6 (six) months.
- A return ticket or connecting ticket to another country except for crews of transportation means who will stop by to join a ship and continue their journey to another country.
- Proof of payment for the immigration fees that have been determined by the government.
- Evidence of having received full dose of Covid-19 vaccine.
After submitting the required documents, the VoA application is carried out through the following stages:
- WNA submits the required documents to the TPI officer, then the officer checks the completeness of the requirements;
- WNA fills in the personal data form;
- WNA pays immigration fees in accordance with the laws and regulations on non-tax state income;
- Immigration officer conducts profiling and verification through interviews with the WNA who applies for VoA; then
- After the profiling and verification stage, the immigration officer then pastes the VoA sticker on the travel document of the WNA
B. Where to Get Visa on Arrival (VoA)
WNA can get VoA at certain TPIs set by the government. The TPI is an airport, seaport, or international cross-border postal TPI. Attachment II of MoLHR Regulation 29/2021 and Circular Letter of the Director General of Immigration Number 11 IMI-0700.GR.01.01 of 2022 (CL Director General of Immigration 11/2022) further stipulate which TPI can provide VoA:
- Hang Nadim Airport
- Soekarno Hatta Airport
- Batam Center Seaport
- Labuan Bajo Seaport
- Aruk West Kalimantan Cross-Border Post Immigration Checkpoint
- Sota Papua Cross Border Post Immigration Checkpoint
Read More: Limited Stay Visa
C. Visa on Arrival (VoA) Subject Countries
As of September 30th, 2022, the list of countries that are subject to VoA is regulated in Appendix II of the MoLHR Regulation 29/2021 and CL Director General of Immigration 11/2022 with a total of more than 75 countries. These countries include:
- United States of America
- the Netherlands
- South Korea
After obtaining a VoA, WNA can stay in Indonesia for 30 (thirty days) from their arrival in Indonesia. This policy on expansion of state subjects and TPI for VoA aims at facilitating and simplifying immigration administration for WNA who wish to enter Indonesian territory.
ET Consultant is a Business Consultant and Legal Consultant Expert that provides support for local and multinational clients to start and manage their business operations in Indonesia. ET Consultant specializes in Business Incorporation, Licensing & Legal, Accounting & Taxes, Immigration, and Advisory Services.
Ready to find out more?
Excellent and Trusted Consultant (ET Consultant)
PPHUI Building Lantai 2 suite 210 Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. C-22 Kuningan
Jakarta Selatan, 12940 Indonesia.
Tlp : 021 5290 7039
Email : [email protected]