Starting from Thursday, January 26, 2023, foreign visitors are not required to have a sponsor or guarantor when applying for a Tourist Visit Visa to Indonesia. As stated by Achmad Nur Saleh, the Subcoordinator of the Public Relations Department of the Immigration Directorate, this Tourist Visit Visa allows for a 60-day stay that can be extended up to 180 days, making it a good option for tourists who wish to explore Indonesia for an extended period.
Visa on Arrival (VoA) is an option for travelers who wish to visit Indonesia. Nevertheless, the maximum duration of the stay for those with VoA is restricted to 60 days, and it’s only available to tourists from 87 particular countries. In contrast, a Tourist Visit Visa is available to travelers from any part of the world. This initiative by the government aims to boost the Indonesian economy by revitalizing tourism.
Foreigners who wish to travel to Indonesia are granted a tourist visit visa, which can only be utilized for a single trip and remains valid for 90 days from the date of issue. This type of visa permits recreational, personal development, and educational visits to specific locations, such as tourist attractions, health tourism spots, and yachting destinations. A tourist visit visa cannot be extended and it cannot be converted into a limited stay permit.
The primary requirements are outlined below:
- A national passport that is valid for at least 6 months or a valid travel document that is valid for at least 12 months for non-citizens or individuals without citizenship;
- Evidence of adequate funds to support oneself and/or family while in Indonesia, such as a checking account, savings book, or time deposit belonging to the individual or a guarantor for the past three months with a minimum balance of $2000 or the equivalent;
- A return ticket or onward ticket to continue travel to another country, with the exception of conveyance crew members who will stop to join a ship and continue the journey to another country; and
- A recent color photograph.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some extra conditions that must be met, which include the following:
- A written declaration expressing a commitment to adhere to all relevant health measures in Indonesia;
- Confirmation of having been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; And
- Documentation showing possession of health or travel insurance that covers health expenses, or a declaration indicating a willingness to pay for COVID-19 treatment independently if needed while in Indonesian territory.
One of the services ET Consultant provides is assisting international visitors with their Tourist Visa applications, ensuring a hassle-free process and allowing them to travel without any hindrances.
ET Consultant is a Business Consultant and Legal Consultant Expert that provides support for local and multinational clients to start and manage their business operations in Indonesia. ET Consultant specializes in Business Incorporation, Licensing & Legal, Accounting & Taxes, Immigration, and Advisory Services.
Ready to find out more?
Excellent and Trusted Consultant (ET Consultant)
PPHUI Building Lantai 2 suite 210 Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. C-22 Kuningan
Jakarta Selatan, 12940 Indonesia.
Tlp : 021 5290 7039
Email : [email protected]